Whether you’re running your own business or you have a high-demanding career, switching-off can be hard!
So do you unplug and take a proper break? And if you do, what kind of mayhem will you come back to?
There are very real health and wellbeing benefits to unplugging and taking a break. And there are so many ways that you can do this without it having a negative impact on you or your business.
The hardest part is letting go.
I’m not going to lie, at first it can be a real challenge. And if that is the case for you, then it is an indication of how important it is for you to unplug AND how much you will reap the benefits.
So what is the best approach to take?
- Think about timing. Look at and understand your business so that you pick a time that won’t affect your peak sales period, revenue or client needs.
- Tell your key clients that you’ll be out of the business for a week so that you can make sure they’re looked after before you head off. You’ll be surprised at how understanding they’ll be AND you’ll be setting a good example.
- Automate as much as you can so that the effects are minimal and you’re still creating touchpoints for people to access your business. For example –
- Automate social posting through hootsuite.com
- Set up automated EDMs through mailchimp.com
- Put your out-of-office on so people know not to expect you to get back to them within a certain timeframe
- Sometimes taking the pressure off daily stressors can allow space for creativity. So instead of taking a phone, tablet and laptop… take a journal. And when ideas or inspiration come to you, write about them. This could be things like the Vision Mision and Purpose of your business. It could be blog, book or content ideas. It’s amazing what comes out when you’re not intensely focusing on the day-to-day running of your business.
- Do it with your loved ones. Get your family, partner or friends in on it as well. Go on a group holiday and do it together.
Unplugging will benefit your business greatly as you’ll have a clearer mind and more energy resulting in greater productivity.
So, to hustle or to holiday?
It’s really up to you, but know that you can do both and it can be of huge benefit to your business and to you personally if you do!
BOOK NOW for a FREE Sales Strategy session with Nicky.
Nicky Miklos-Woodley is an Evergreen Sales & Business Coach, Trainer and Speaker.
There is a common stigma attached to ‘sales’ and yet, sales are so critical to the success of all businesses. The hard truth is without sales, your business is a hobby.