Whether you realise it or not, you have a success (and non-success) strategy that you’re living by. Through uncovering your success strategy you can replicate what’s worked for you in the past, accelerating your results.
It’s pretty simple really – but perhaps you’ve never taken the time to think about it in this way.
1. Think back to a time in your life where you’ve achieved something you’re really proud of, something that took hard work and perseverance, or considerable effort on your part. It could be from when you were a child, a young adult or just last week.
2. What did you do? Write down the steps you took to achieve the goal or outcome. It may have been over a short or long period of time. It doesn’t matter how long; just think about the action you needed to take in order to make that thing happen.
3. Think about another time you achieved something special or significant to you.
4. Write down the steps and action you took to make it happen.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 at least one more time, so that you have 3 different (and important) events from your entire life that you’ve reflected on and identified the action you took.
6. Now bring them all together. Circle or write down the steps that were common amongst each goal or event achieved.
7. Based on the commonalities, write out your new success strategy.
You can apply this process to your sales strategy. Apply the same steps however, instead of thinking of an event in general, use wins that you‘ve had i.e. X sales or new clients coming on board.
You can then uncover your own Sales Success Strategy. Next, make sure you fill in the knowledge gaps by seeking out resources on best practice selling. To get you started, check out the Sales Talk series on Facebook (Evergreen Coaching) where I explore the world of sales with Jacob Aldridge of BusinessDepot.
There is a common stigma attached to ‘sales’ and yet, sales are so critical to the success of all businesses. The hard truth is without sales, your business is a hobby.